I may or may not have said this before around these parts but oatmeal is my favorite food. This may sound totally weird. I can hear the chorus of OATMEAL?! now. It’s not what you think! If I had the opportunity to choose between a big bowl of vegan ice cream or oatmeal I would obviously choose the former. That said, I can’t exactly be going around eating ice cream for breakfast every morning. Oatmeal has a gorgeous versatility that makes it appropriate for all meal times (including dessert)!
These strawberry banana overnight oats are no exception. I don’t know about you guys but I have a difficult time eating hot food on hot days. The sound of warm oatmeal on a hot morning is all but repulsive to me. This is coming from a person who claims to love oatmeal at any time of day! What gives? Enter overnight oats.
Allowing your oats to soak overnight in the refrigerator makes them perfect for the summertime! They get nice, cool, and creamy by the morning and all you have to do is grab a spoon. This strawberry banana version is even better because the oats are left to soak up all that sweet, berrylicious flavor overnight.
Sugar and other artificial sweeteners are completely unnecessary as the sweetness of the bananas and the tartness of the berries supplies all the pick-me-up you could possibly desire in your morning meal.
More than delicious, these overnight oats are super easy coming together in less than ten minutes. Simply combine the ingredients and then leave it in the refrigerator to set overnight. This recipe is great for people who love meal prep or for people who just like to get a little extra sleep in the mornings. This grab and go breakfast is about as healthy as they come and perfect for any hot weather you’re hit with this summer.Print
Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats
These overnight oats make for the perfect summer breakfast. Cool, creamy, and full of fresh fruity flavor, they’ll inspire you to get outside on even the hottest of mornings!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 4 hours
- Yield: 3 servings 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten-free
2 ripe bananas
2 c rolled oats
1/4 c chia seeds
2 c plant milk
1 c strawberries, sliced
1. In a large bowl, mash bananas until only a few chunks remain. Stir in rolled oats and chia seeds. Set aside.
2. Using a blender or food processor, blend together plant milk and strawberries until completely smooth. Pour strawberry milk over the banana-oat mixture and carefully stir everything together. Cover bowl and set in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
3. Give oatmeal a good stir prior to serving. Top with sliced bananas, fresh berries, nuts, seeds, or coconut flakes if desired. Oatmeal can keep in a covered container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
- Serving Size: about 1 cup
- Calories: 397
- Sugar: 12.1g
- Sodium: 128.1mg
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrates: 66.2g
- Fiber: 14.4g
- Protein: 11.8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: strawberry, banana, oatmeal
Looking for more breakfast recipes? Be sure to try: