Incredible vegan golden milk made with turmeric. Wonderful served warm as a latte or chilled for an afternoon refresh. Ready in 10 minutes.
13.5 oz. can lite coconut milk
2 cups filtered water
3 tsp. ground turmeric
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
4 cardamom pods
1/4 tsp. salt
cracked black pepper
1–2 Tbsp. maple syrup
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Add coconut milk, water, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom pods, sea salt, and pepper to a medium saucepan.
2. Heat on stove over medium heat for 7-8 minutes or until desired temperature is reached whisking occasionally.
3. Remove pan from heat and whisk in remaining ingredients. Remove cardamom pods.
4. Serve immediately with coconut whipped cream and additional cinnamon or chill and serve cold.
5. This recipe will keep in the refrigerator in a tightly-sealed container for 3-5 days.
*Do not skip out on the pepper! Black pepper aids in the absorption of the curcumin in turmeric which has been proved to be a cancer-fighting agent.
Keywords: Vegan Golden Milk